Wednesday 25 July 2012

Hello to the London Olympics

I'm really looking forward to the Olympics. They officially open on Friday but have already got off to a good start with GB's women's football team beating New Zealand this afternoon. I don't really have much in the way of Olympic themed photographs but here's a recent shot of the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle complete with Olympic rings...



Hopefully the first British gold will come on Saturday with Mark Cavendish and friends in the men's cycling road race.

I was due to have my latest chemotherapy treatment on Monday of this week, however my white blood cell count was too low so the treatment has now been postponed until Monday 30th. If you've been following this blog you will know that this was not unexpected. I was due to have a scan next week but this has been moved back a week as the oncologist wants me to complete four cycles of treatment before he assesses whether or not the drug is working. I should get the results of that scan on Thursday 10th August. 

Whilst I hope very much that the Trabectedin is having a positive impact on my tumours I've been researching alternative treatment options just in case. It's important to have a list of options to discuss with the oncologist and the old maxim of "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" is certainly one that seems appropriate in this situation.





No comments:

Post a Comment