Tuesday 6 August 2013

Sixteenth cycle of Trabectedin underway

Following a week long delay I was able to proceed today with my sixteenth cycle of Trabectedin, this is excellent news.
 
Last week my neutrophil count was 1.39 (billion neutrophils/litre of blood) whilst this week it was 2.4, it needs to be over 1.5 before it is deemed safe to receive the chemotherapy. According to the Cancer Research UK website, the normal range for neutrophils is between 2 and 7.5 so even today, five weeks after my last treatment, my count was at the bottom of the normal range. This is my twenty-fifth cycle of chemotherapy in the last twenty-eight months so I guess it's to be expected that my bone marrow is a little tired.
 
***
 
When I'm not photographing wildlife I also enjoy photographing gardens. I like to return to the same gardens time and again as the changing seasons, growing plants and different light make every visit unique. Here are a couple of shots I like from this summer, the first from our own garden (a flawless rose grown by Katie) and the second from The Courts Garden in Holt, Wiltshire:
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment