Saturday 4 January 2014

Early release

I really must stop taking things at face value where my illness is concerned. Yesterday I was told that I would definitely be in hospital until Monday, however when I saw the stroke consultant today she had a different view and I'm very pleased to be writing this from back at home. Blood tests, an ECG, a chest X-ray and other tests all seem to indicate that I'm recovering from the mini-stroke and that I can continue the treatment (aspirin) at home whilst attending an outpatient clinic.
 
We don't know what caused the mini-stroke, I'm lacking the common risk factors so it is almost certainly related to the cancer or its treatment. I'm still due to see my oncologist in just under two weeks time to discuss my next treatment option though this may be influenced in part by this recent issue.
 
I'm extremely pleased to be home and am looking forward to a good night's sleep!
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment