Sunday 22 June 2014

Enjoying the summer sun

Last week I started on my latest treatment, Cyclophosphamide. So far I've not noticed any side effects and, as just a single tablet a day, the treatment is very convenient to take. Since stopping the pazopanib and starting on steroids I've been feeling as well as I've been for quite a few weeks. It's really great to have a spell feeling like this when the summer sun is shining!
 
On Thursday Katie and I decided to indulge ourselves in some classic British seaside nostalgia by spending the day at Weston Super Mare. It was great fun to visit Weston, the first time in many years that either of us had been there. We took a turn on the big wheel, spent time in the arcade at the end of the pier and had a traditional lunch of fish and chips.
 
We've also been visiting a number of gardens. Yesterday we spent our time at three National Trust locations: Barrington Court, Titinhul and Lytes Cary Manor. We've visited all three in the past but we've never managed to time our visit so well with the gardens. These were spectacular at all three properties with thousands of flowers in bloom, a real riot of summer colour. Here are a couple of photo's from the day:
 

 
 
I'm very hopeful that I may have something other than flowers to post very soon as later this week I've arranged to hire a hide where I hope to photograph a family of wild foxes, here's hoping that the weather remains good and that the foxes are at home!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment