Monday 25 August 2014

A bright side to the end of summer

One compensation for the end of summer is that it marks the start of the rugby union season. Katie and I are supporters of Bath Rugby and we often go and watch their home games. Bath had a promising but ultimately disappointing season last year as they came up just short of success in the league and cup competitions, we're hoping for better this time around.
 
Last week they played a pre-season friendly against Llanelli Scarlets. I like to go along and take photo's at the friendly games as it's possible to get a good position in the stand without getting in the way of other supporters and interfering with their enjoyment of the match. Here are a couple of the photo's, first Bath's Carl Ferns on the attack:
 
 
Bath successfully claim the ball at a lineout:


Llanelli's Steven Shingler kicks a conversion:


 
***
 
My health status hasn't changed in the last week or so, generally I'm feeling pretty good with just a few minor issues. I've been having some trouble sleeping for quite a number of weeks now. I'm finding that I have to get up to go to the toilet at least twice each night, any male readers over sixty five are probably saying 'welcome to the club'! I think that one of my tumours presses on my bladder when I'm lying down. Also I wake up between 4am and 5am each morning and find I can't go back to sleep. I'm very glad to have my iPad and the internet to pass the time between then and 7am. Katie is enjoying the cup of tea I'm bringing her in bed each morning! Despite these disrupted nights any fatigue I'm experiencing is a lot less severe than it has been at some points earlier this year.
 
Overall I'm very happy with how I've been feeling and will be extremely pleased if this continues over coming months.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment